Wednesday 17 April 2013

Upgrading CentOS to version 5.9 with DAHDI drivers

I am supporting some servers that have been used with Asterisk (in this case for call recording). Because this company has installed DAHDI drivers for Digium card so I didn't expect any big issue during upgrading from older CentOS 5.x to newest 5.9. Unfortunately I was wrong. Just after upgrading packages and rebooting server I was unable to load DAHDI kernel modules. How to solve this issue? It's really easy! Just upgrade DAHDI drivers to newest. Sounds nice? Ok let's do it:

cd /usr/src/
wget http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux/dahdi-linux-2.6.2.tar.gz
tar zxvf dahdi-linux-2.6.2.tar.gz
cd dahdi-linux-2.6.2.tar.gz
make all
make install
asterisk -rx "core stop now"
/etc/init.d/dahdi restart
asterisk
chkconfig dahdi on

And that's all. It's really nice and quick job. I hope that I was able to solve that kind of problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment