Saturday 6 April 2013

Qlikview reload - on client side

About year ago I was implementing QlikView for one of my clients. He gave me an interesting problem to solve - possibility to reload from website. I spend on this problem few days without any result, but there it is - my solution. I wrote it few months ago on QV forum and now I am sharing this method with you.

Directy there is no way to do something like this, but you can do "reload" button on the other way.

1. Install IIS Server + CGI and PHP on the same which includes QV Server - but of course you'll need to do it on another port than 80.

2. Configure IIS by changing anonymous access from IUSR to Admin or another username on computer who has privileges to run programs.

3. Build website on new IIS server which will include exec function to batch (from point 5).

4. Download psexec

5. In batch file referee to psexec which will include command to reload report as admin user

6. On report add reload button which will referee to new website.

7. At the end. On new web site you can add automatic redirection to QV reports.

Please note that this method is potentially insecure and someone can use it to run another program on the server.

No comments:

Post a Comment